Everyone is thinking Spring and the home centers are loading with reminders that better weather is just around the corner. Outdoor furniture and umbrellas are on display and right next to them are the outdoor grills. Nurseries and garden shop departments are loaded with new arrivals. Likewise, the internet is packed with springtime home projects and endless home maintenance checklists intended for this time of year. But what about those forgotten tasks? Does your cleaning service vacuum the furniture? When was the last time your blinds were cleaned? refrigerator coil? Well, Home Inspection Chicago has compiled a list of not-so-common-or-completed springtime cleaning tasks and chores for you.
First, feel free to download Home Inspection Chicago’s all seasons maintenance checklist.
Click here to download!
Second, here are our recommendations to include in your spring cleaning:
- Turn and vacuum) mattresses.
- Clean out trash cans
- Clean utensil holders and organizers
- Dust and clean window treatments
- Clean throw pillows and blankets
- Clean light fixtures and fans
- Sanitize TV remotes
- Cleaning your shower curtain and liner
- Dusting your doorframes
- Vacuuming your lampshades
- Disinfecting the base and tank of your toilet
- Washing out your washing machine
- Vacuuming your cabinets and drawers
- Washing or dry cleaning your curtains
- Vacuuming your furniture
- Descale your shower heads
- Descale your coffee maker
- Deep clean your oven
- Clean your refrigerator bins and shelves
- Clean your freezer
- Empty the toast tray in your toaster
- Clean inside your microwave
- Clean your carpeting including area rugs
- Vacuum underneath your furniture
- Vacuum floor vents
- Wash interior wall and baseboards
- Deep clean dryer vent
- Check gutters and downspouts for debris
- Check for proper operation of the sump pump
- Change the furnace filter
- Change the batteries for smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors
- Change the battery for your thermostat
That ought to keep you busy for a while!